Give me space. Stop shining

minime28

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

t.g.i.f


I walked in at around 10, and the place was packed. I walked around looking for my companions, got no more than a few metres and gave up. A mass of moving bodies in a claustrohobic space and I realized there's no way i am going to find them. There was no walking room, people were just standing in the middle holding a glass in their hands. I went over to the entrance and called my companions. One of them walked over and and told me to follow him. It was like the guide leading the blind as he gave a walking commentary "here, this way" , "no, this way, there's a real looker right ahead", "OMG did you see that rack??!"

We stood behind the stage, against the wall. The band members were nowhere in sight, and after a drink or two i felt bored. It was getting uncomfortably hot too. Standing beside us were two precious looking ladies, one that looked in her early twenties and the other, a more mature executive look. They were having a animated conversation punctured regularly with laughter, and after a few drinks they began to dance. I thought they put on quite a show in the absence of the band. Arms around each other, gyrating against each other to the pulsing beat of the music...just too bad there's no "upstairs room" for them to go makeout. A round of drinks later they left.

Someone's friend dropped by with a glass in one hand and a babe's waist in the other. He gave me a condescending look which flashes by quickly, but hell yeah i know that look when i see it. (Do i have the word N.E.R.D tattooed on my forehead or something?) He is a salesman representing some biomed company, and he knows just what kind of pills i need.
"Hey, you look quite pale"
"....So i am"
"Are you interested in getting tanned?"
"you selling sunbeds or something"
"No, something better. Pills that will give your skin a healthy tanned look!"
(wtf...) "Ok, you tried them before?"
"No, i go to the pool. Hey, you really should drop by my clinic sometime. I can explain to you in details."
(i don't feel lucky enough to swallow pigment pills, but out of courtesy...) "umm...sure. i will think about it."

Mercifully, the band came on and ended the conversation. There were 2 leads and they took turns to perform. I thought the gal has a much better voice than the guy, there were definitely some low points when the guy is singing. The gal got the crowd going with a rousing performance of Creep.
You're so FUCKIN special (Quite a few people shouted this line out lol)
I wished I was special.
But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
When I don't belong here.


This song is just awesome and reflected my sentiments exactly. I went into contemplation mood and felt the blues coming. Or it could be i was feeling light-headed and the smoke around the place is killing my eyes. I downed a glass of ice water and excused myself for the night. I walked out into the night. It was a cold night and in the absence of clouds the sky was dotted with stars. I sat down on the stairs. My body reeks like an old ashtray, my head was throbbing, I can barely open my eyes as they are so dry.

I really should stop doing this already.

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »