Give me space. Stop shining

minime28

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

how are you, friend



How do you define a friend? For me a friend is someone who will be there for me. One i can confide in and can be trusted to keep it secret. One i can count on to kick me in the ass when i deserves it. Someone i can call on at 1am when i am upset and they don't get mad. Someone who will spend the day with me and bear with me when i am down.

In the past i have been disappointed and letdown by people i considered friends. So i grow into this habit of keeping a distance from people at work. I act dis-engaged towards people and when i move on i leave memories of the people behind. Simply put i have what someone calls a bloody attitude towards people. Very negative view i admit, but one i feel justified when i see the antics of my co-workers.

There's someone I have known for a quite a while but never really communicate with. Recently we started hanging out and i discover under that detached demeanor she's a warm, sensitive and generous person. I can talk to her comfortably without having to put on a mask. She cares enough to point out my flaws, and suffer my silence willingly when i am feeling down. It took a few years, but I found a new friend.

My friend has not been in a good state for a while. We don't interfere with each other's private life, but i feel i must communicate to her directly on the problems she is having. She has done the same for me and I will do so because i care for her, a dear friend.

Peace of mind is attained not by ignoring problems, but by
solving them.
- Raymond Hull

0 Comments:

Add a comment

Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »